WOD with Veterans – November 11th, 2015
FREE workout for all. Cookout “Serve a Veteran” to follow! Food drive pick up
NOV. 11th Schedule:
- 5:30-6:30PM Body Combat
- 7:00-7:30PM (roughly) WOD
- 7:45-9:00PM Grilling, eating, drinking BYOB – water provided
- BRING A DISH TO PASS and enough MEAT for you and a VETERAN!
About Armistice – Veterans Day WOD
On the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, an armistice, or temporary cessation of hostilities, was declared between the Allied nations and Germany in the First World War. This Armistice Day was later re-named to Veterans Day.
At exactly 11 a.m., each November 11th, a color guard, made up of members from each of the military branches, renders honors to America’s war dead during a ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknowns in Arlington National Cemetery.
– The 11-based rep scheme represents the rich history of Veterans Day.
– The two-minutes of rest/reflection represents this moment of silence at the tomb of the unknowns.
– The 1st round of work represents Veterans of wars past, and the 2nd round of work represents Veterans of present and future wars
– Modified versions of classic military exercises are meant to help connect Veterans and the greater community to connect after the accomplishment of shared hardship during this WOD.
Please sign up here: